The best banks in California for the year 2019 in terms of reputation, asset size, number of branches, annual percentage yield (APY), feasibility, on ground experiences and customer services is listed very sensitively keeping in mind the requirement of each and every individual, students, housewife, senior citizens, small business owners and children. There are 58 counties in California and is the most populous state in the United States. As most of the industries be it film, Information Technology or Tourism, is growing rapidly there is a huge competition among small and big banks, You will find largest private banks such as JP Morgan Chase Bank, Bank of America, City Bank and also smallest community banks such as New Resource Bank. To get into the list of 10 best banks in California is no less than climbing the highest mountain.
We have compiled the best banks list after a thorough on ground research and actual experiences of customers. We have explored all the pros and cons of each and every bank located in California. Every big bank is not the best one, it is not always true. It depends on the need of consumer. A savings account with high APY is of no use for a business owner similarly, a checking account with lucrative overdraft features may not be useful for a student.
You may like to know :
Here we present you the exclusive list of 10 best banks in California of 2019 giving priority to customer services
1. Bank of the West is founded in the year of 1874 and it's headquarter is in San Francisco, California. The parent company is BNP Paribas, the bank has more than 11,000 employees and has branches all over the United States. It mostly deals in lending banking products such as credit cards, personal loan, mortgages, auto loans and you can also take loan for construction, renovation or to buy any product and services. This bank also deals in investment banking.
You don't need to maintain minimum balance if you have a checking or savings account with them. They have a monthly fee of $5, however, if you make a deposit or your age is less than 25, the monthly fee is waived. There is no fee for the checkbook, you get a debit card from the bank which can be use to withdraw cash for free from Bank of the West ATMs.
2. East West Bank is founded in the year 1973, headquartered in Pasadena California. Total assets of the bank is more than $38 billion and is a multinational bank with branches in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shantou and Shenzhen. This is one of the top 20 banks in America listed in Forbes Magazine.
They provide all type of banking services like savings and checking accounts, credit and debit cards, loans, mortgages and investments. They also provide international trading investment services. You need a minimum $100 deposit to open an account with them
3. Citi Bank is one of the biggest bank in the united states and has branches in seven countries around the world with a total assets of more than $2 trillion dollars. It has 723 branches in the United States alone. City bank was founded in the year 1812, and is head quartered in Ney York. The bank provides all banking products. Citi bank has many branches in California.
4. Bank of America is the second largest bank in America with total assets of more than $2.2 trillion dollars headquartered in Charlotte, it has 4,600 retail centers 16,000 ATMs and has many more than 100 branches in California. They do have dedicated call centers.
5. Wells Fargo is the world's second largest bank on the basis of market capitalization, they do provide student loans and has community banking segment as well. On mortgage front, it has the largest mortgage lender in America. It has many branches in California and is head quartered in San Francisco, California.
6. City National Bank was founded in the year 1953 and has now grown with total assets of more than $48 billion dollars and is head quartered in Beverly hills, California.
7. CIT Bank stands for Commercial Investment Trust, one of the oldest bank founded in 1908 and is headquartered in Pasadena, California. It provides all type of banking and financial services.
8. Comerica Bank was founded in 1864 and is head quartered in Dallas, Texas. It has total assets of more than $71 billion, there are more than 8,000 employees. The bank deals in savings and checking accoount, loan, mortgages, insurance and investments.
9. First Republic Bank is one of the newest reputed bank founded in the year 1985 and has gown with a total assets of more than $90 billion. The bank do offer traditional passbook savings account and you can withdraw cash from any of its 73 branches. There is no monthly fee for the passbook savings account.
10. West America Bank is a regional community bank with eighty branches as of now located in Northern and Central California. It provides auto loans, home loans, personal loans, savings and checking accounts, investment banking and other financial services.
List of branches of the best banks in California with google map
1. Bank of the West Branches in California
- Covina Branch - Address: 770 S Citrus Ave, Covina, CA 91723, USA, Phone: +1 626-331-0741
- Campbell Branch - Address: 2395 Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA 95008, USA, Phone: +1 408-379-9954
For more Bank of West branches in California follow this link bank of the west Addresses on Google Map
2. East West Bank Branches in California
- Pasadena Branch - Address: 135 N Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA, Phone: +1 626-768-6088
- Newark Branch - Address: 35249 Newark Blvd, Newark, CA 94560, USA, Phone: +1 800-266-1010
For more East West Bank branches in California follow this link East West Bank Addresses in Google Map
3. Citi Bank Branches in California
- San Francisco Branch - Address: 260 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA, Phone: +1 415-817-9105
- Cypress Branch - Address: 10081 Valley View St, Cypress, CA 90630, USA, Phone: +1 714-503-0201
For more Bank branches in California follow this link Citi Bank Addresses in Google Map
4. Bank of America Branches in California
- Greenbrae Branch - Address: 50 Bon Air Shopping Ctr, Greenbrae, CA 94904, USA, Phone: +1 415-925-2945
- Oceanside Branch - Address: 702 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92054, USA, Phone: +1 760-966-6303
For more Bank branches in California follow this link Bank of America Addresses in Google Map
5. Wells Fargo Branches in California
- Fresno Branch - Address: 2425 N Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93703, USA, Phone: +1 559-441-5027
- Santa Clarita Branch - Address: 27710 McBean Pkwy, Santa Clarita, CA 91354, USA, Phone: +1 661-263-3960
For more Bank branches in California follow this link Wells Fargo Bank Addresses in Google Map
6. City National Bank Branches in California
- Los Angeles Branch - Address: 525 S Flower St, Los Angeles, CA 90071, USA, Phone: +1 213-673-9900
- Beverly Hills Branch - Address: 400 N Roxbury Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA, Phone: +1 310-888-6000
For more Bank branches in California follow this link City National Bank Addresses in Google Map
7. CIT Bank Branches in California
- Los Angeles Branch - Address: 300 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90071, USA, Phone: +1 213-613-2400
For more Bank branches in California follow this link CIT Bank Addresses in Google Map
8. Comerica Bank of the West Branches in California
- Walnut Creek Branch - Address: 1442 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA 94596, USA, Phone: +1 925-988-0347
- Salinas Branch - Address: 430 S Main St, Salinas, CA 93901, USA, Phone: +1 831-753-1700
For more Bank branches in California follow this link Comerica Bank Addresses in Google Map
9. First Republic Bank Branches in California
- Oakland Branch - Address: 2110 Mountain Blvd, Oakland, CA 94611, USA, Phone: +1 510-530-8881
- Sunnyvale Branch - Address: 201 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, USA, Phone: +1 408-733-8881
For more Bank branches in California follow this link First Republic Bank Addresses in Google Map
10. West America Bank Branches in California
- San Rafael Branch - Address: 1108 Fifth Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA, Phone: +1 415-257-8057
- Clearlake Branch - Address: 15342 Lake shore Dr, Clearlake, CA 95422, USA, Phone: +1 707-995-4140
For more Bank branches in California follow this link West America Bank Addresses in Google Map